Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Sick Passengers: The Last Show

The Sick Passengers: Christopher Meeder, Chris Williams, Bill Kennedy, Jason Das
Uncle Joe’s Pub
Jersey City, NJ
April 30, 2005

In the spring of 2005 we had plans to go into the studio to document our new crop of songs before Bill moved to Chicago. Alas, it was not to be. Fortunately, we ran a recorder in the back of the room on what turned out to be the last evening we’d all spend in the same room together. If we hadn’t, most of these songs would have been lost forever.

It was a difficult, emotional night and everyone’s nerves were on edge. The recording is way up in the red, but that was just our way of getting the job done. Listen to the death throes of the Passengers in all our ragged glory.

(Don’t miss “Your Patience Bores Me” and “Thaw” below the scroll in the player. They were real burners.)




3 comments:

  1. Hey, I remember that!
    LOAG opened for you guys, and my kick pedal foot had been crushed by a moving van the night before. Also "Your Patience Bores Me" was my jam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I remember that, too, of course. Two months later, I'd have a nervous breakdown and leave the band (and New York, for a while) in the ugliest way possible under the circumstances. I love/hate listening to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that LOAG was completely wonderful that night, too. I've also got a recording of that, so we might be able to Warble it soon.

    ReplyDelete